As the summer break winds down for many here in the Kansas City metro area, and parents get ready to gear up for the new school year as early as next week, check out the following reads to help you get ready for this busy time of year.
- This read on the topic of cyberbullying comes from KidsHealth. Find out what exactly cyberbullying is, how to recognize it, and what schools and organizations are doing to prevent it. You'll also find practical solutions on what to do if your child finds themselves a victim.
- See-to-Learn® is an innovative program that will ensure your child's vision is maintained throughout their school years. If you have a 3 year-old you can have their vision screened for free by a participating doctor.
- Before your child heads out for their first day of school, find out the best way to choose a backpack and read about backpack safety from KidsHealth.
- Teach your kids about healthy nutrition and get them excited about packing safe and healthy school lunches while they play fun, free, nutritional games from Nourish Interactive.
- Familiarize yourself with states' individual carseat restratint laws, courtesty of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, before agreeing to pick up those kids for carpool.
What other great online reads have you found to help get your family prepared for back-to-school?